Places to meet new people

Gavin

I understand that while the divorce process is playing out you shouldn't really get involved with another woman, but there isn't a problem with socializing with another woman. Like many other men here, I'm sure, I'm not really the dating type. So where would be a good place to go meet other women, and keep it all light, so you have options on the table when your divorce is finalized?

Right now I'm going through a court ordered parent education class to help people better understand how this all effects the children. When this is over though, what other types of social gatherings are there where you can meet other people who are going through what you are?

Dad Brad

I have to recommend church, considering my background. You can even visit more than one church, but there are plenty of people there who are interesting, who have similar backgrounds and who at least aim to be a good person in this world.

Don

There can be a problem seeing other women if you are having a messy divorce. My wife's friend started casually seeing a guy before the divorce was final and the husband's lawyer used that to "suggest" that she had been having an affair before they seperated. She lost custody of her daughter and now has to pay child support.

Salazar

I think it just depends on what interests you have. When I was going through my divorce, I would go out with a group of friends on Friday nights to a local bar. Bars get a bad rap, but the right place can be good for listening to music, striking up a conversation, and maybe dancing to a song or two. It doesn't have to be all seedy debauchery like some people think it is.

Mel

It might be good to take a class about something you have a genuine interest in. It's easy to strike up a conversation with other people who share your interest.

Endalia

My second wife and I met at a parents group at our church. It was really a nice group who did group outings with the kids toto a lot of different places. We even did a trip to Colonial Williamsburg one time. We did a lot of trips to amusement parks and the zoo. We had a blast and I met my wife there.