Private Business?

Sinbian

Do you own or run a private business? Do you think this pays off more these days than having a job and working for somebody else?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and no. It is a lot more work then people realize. But it is nice to have a flexable schedule. Then again, the money is flexable too, no steady paycheck.

GranddadHoward

Many small business owners end up doing a lot of work themselves that larger companies hire people to do. Advertising, billing and bookkeeping are some examples. Though it is more work, I believe if you select the right business, get repeat customers and have a good reputation that spreads by word-of-mouth, having your own business can be much more lucrative than working for someone else.

youngdad

It's hard to know if having your own business would pay off more than having a job working for someone else. A friend tried to start a small business unsuccessfully and many new ones fail. I think unless you have a real good plan to make your business successful, choose it carefully, and have the money for start-up without borrowing, or at least not borrowing much, it's best just to work for someone else. If you already have a small business, I think it pays off more.