Pulled Pork BBQ

Timothy

I'm starting to wonder if my wife is pregnant, because she's been having all these oddball food cravings lately. Today she woke up crying for pulled pork BBQ. (Okay, she wasn't literally crying, but you know what I mean.) Since the local BBQ joint is closed on Sundays and Mondays, I thought we'd make some homemade. How do you guys do it?

BigPapa

I put pork loin in a pot on low with a lid. When it starts to fall apart, I shred it with 2 forks, pulling them in opposite directions. Then pour in the BBQ sauce and heat it until it is all warm. You can also put everything in the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours if you have that kind of time.

Chrisitan

That's about what I do to make BBQ. I have a certain local sauce I use but other than that, I do what BigPapa says. You gotta take care of those pregnancy cravings because she will otherwise be unhappy and you will have a fussy baby. :D

Timothy

Thanks guys. We have a Crock pot so I think that will be the way to go. We're going grocery shopping here in just a few so we'll pick up the pork and some BBQ sauce (any suggestions?) and cook it on low overnight. It'll be ready for her to have for breakfast in the morning, ha!

olderthandirt

I've always made pulled pork in the slow cooker, too. The best way to make it is to cook the pork on low and slow, so the slow cooker makes sense. I've done it in the oven once, but having the oven running for six hours is just too much.

John

We do more of a chopped pork after the meat is ready. I can mix in just the right amount of seasoning and fat to make the meat moist. My wife has fixed pulled pork in the crock pot. She adds a Coke or a beer. I forget which.