Reading

Timothy

Okay, so maybe it's not your typical entertainment form anymore, what with TV, movies, and the Internet, but it's still a great way to pass the time and "get away" for a while. (Better yet, it's free! All you need is a library card.) I just finished reading The Stand (by Stephen King) and now I'm about to break into another 1000+ page book, Debt of Honor (by Tom Clancy).

What are you reading right now? What are some of your faves?

polamalu43

I love to read! My whole family loves to read. I want to read The Stand. Was it really scary? I love Stephen King. I just rented Carrie so the kids could see it. They were freaked out. I haven't read anything by Tom Clancy.

SingleDadNow

I am considering the books that the "Game of Thrones" series is based from. I recently got a Kindle, and I find that I am reading more than when I had to lug around big books. It just seems easier to remember to bring with me, and if I get bored of the book that I am reading, I can easily switch to a different one.

Timothy

Polamalu43, The Stand is not scary in the horror-sense, but it is scary in a that-could-really-happen kind of way.

SingleDadNow, I have read the Game of Thrones books and they are absolutely AWESOME. They are so much better than the TV show!!

Andersson

I need to head off to the bookstore pretty soon as I have already ran out of things to read in the house. My wife and I do not share the same types of hobbies, well reading wise we do but she reads different things that me. I like mystery, she likes romance.

davie

I have the Kindle and usually have it on hand for casual reading (and games!). Right now I'm rereading the Hunger Games Catching Fire in lieu of the movie coming out this weekend.

Sinbian

I'm reading the Game of Thrones series - 2nd book, and I love it. I think it's way better to spend your time with a book than with TV or computer screen.

Timothy

Davie, what are your thoughts on the Hunger Games books? I keep hearing about how great they are but I just don't know if I could get into them. Are they the kind of books that you just can't put down once you get a few pages in?

davie

Yes, they are Timothy. I love books like that - the ones that will keep you up all night trying to finish reading because you can't put them down. The Hunger Games is a great trilogy!