Recording/Photos in Birthing Room

Adam

Have/will any of you be recording or taking photos of your little one's birth? My wife is completely against doing this. She is fine with having her photo taken after the birth, and even recording. But when she was in labor...forget it!

pokerdad

My wife said a big "no" to this as well. She said she didn't want pictures of her looking like...well, not so nice. So she let me take some of the baby, and then we did family pictures after my wife rested.

Maxsdad

My wife said, sure! It's amazing. I did not take pictures of the babies actually coming out - that is a bit much for me but I did take pictures of her while she was in labor.

Aiden

I kinda get it, but I think my mom made me uncomfortable with this one. She used to love showing off our videos of our births when we were younger. I thought it was kinda creepy. A lot of people just don't want to see that lol. For you and your wife, I understand.

Zebeddee

I just counted myself lucky to be able to attend the birth of my kids! It's funny watching the old movies when the father paced the hallway, waiting to give out cigars! My ex would have divorced me earlier than she did if I had tried to film her at those moments!

RandysDad

Well, you know if you didn't have your wife, you wouldn't have your kids and they actually do have a valid point. If they aren't comfortable with you taking videos of them or parts of them, then it's really their decision since they are carrying the baby. You may get them to compromise a bit but in my experience, if a woman doesn't want something done-ya just don't do it if you want to live.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We were not allowed to video tape our sons birth since it was a c-section. I tried to take to pictures when they pulled him out, but I had to hold the camera over the screen so i do not think they came out well. After, I took pictures of his first weigh in, and various ones of him getting prepped. But none where allowed of her cut open.