Resemblance

Sinbian

I for example resemble to my mother more than to my father but my sister has neither of their looks. How about you, which genes are stronger in your family?

meowcow

I would say I'm the mix of both. I have my mom's face with my father's body type. It's kind of weird to type it and read it in text I would imagine, but I assure you I look pretty normal. Lol. Great topic. :)

clipt

I look just like my dad and I got personality traits from both parents. My kids look like a mixture of me and the misses.

encryptedbytes

I look like my father and and have almost no physical appearance qualities in common with my mother or her family. Oddly enough, I'm pretty tall at 6' 2" and stand head and shoulders above people on both sides of my family.

I have a half sister (same mother, different father) who looks nothing like me and was born 21 years later than me. It always a funny reaction when I (40 years old, tall, and pale) introduce her (19, short, dark) as my sister. People usually look back and forth between us then their forehead wrinkles up in confusion, lol.

Victor Leigh

I look exactly like my mother when I grow fat. When I slim down, I look like my father. Of course, my father is thin and my mother is fat.

collin

I look more like my father for sure, but as for my two sons... my eldest, now going on 28 looks like a mix of his mother and myself... and my youngest, going on 12 looks like my wife more than me... but not by much.

I don't think the youngest boy looks too much like either one of us, and that explains a lot... we do at times think he was dropped down by aliens, so there you go...we now have the answer!... ALIEN CHILD !!!

lol

Lorenzo

I'm a younger version of my mother. I do have my father's eyebrows and his build, but my face looks like my mom, I'm a boy version of herself, it's eerie :D

Victor

I'm a mixture of both my parents.

My oldest daughter looks very much like me, even though she has a few of my wife's traits, but my younger daughter takes after her side more.

Lieutenant

I actually look more like my dad's brother. Which is suspicious ;). So I would definitely say that I resemble my father's side more than my mother's side.

collin

Lieutenant... suspicious? That's funny. You know what? There are so many factors and variables that go into how a child will ultimately look that it's really hard to figure these things out. For example, my eldest son, now almost 28, looked a heck of a lot like his mother and nothing like me when he was first born and for years afterward... then, when he hit puberty and started taking on more manly traits, he wound up looking a lot more like me, and does to this day. (poor boy).

There were times when I wondered if he was actually my child or not, but wisdom prevailed over time and now there is no doubt he is mine. But just goes to show you that these things can weigh on a dads mind from time to time.

Timothy

I for example resemble to my mother more than to my father but my sister has neither of their looks. How about you, which genes are stronger in your family?
I don't really know, because I don't bear a strong resemblance to my mother or my father. My wife says I look somewhat like my father, and I guess more so like him than my mother, but even she admits it's a vague resemblance. She, on the other hand, looks just like her mother, and our son is a good mixture of both of us, although he resembles me more because of his hair color.

joeldgreat

I got both. My father's eye but my mother's face. My father's nose but my mother's lips. I surely know this because I often compare our pictures using photoshop and I really is a combination of the two of them. Even in emotional aspect. I got the brains and wits of my father but have the inferiority complex of my mother. The height though is the same as both of them had the same equal height. lol

Bobby

I resemble my dad quite a bit and my sister looks like my mother which I guess is pretty normal. When you look more closely though you can see certain features of both parents in both of us.