Role of Grandfather's In a Child's Life

Daffy

My grandson has been and I have a feeling will continue to be a handful. He is 19 years old and still in high school. He is working on his second year as a senior in high school. He left his parents house and came to mine because he couldn't stand his father's rules anymore. Now when he has found out that he has rules in mine also he has gone back to his father's house. I really don't expect any advice that I've not already thought of but I really needed to vent. He is exasperating, infuriating, hot-headed, unwise, and is exactly like I was when I was a teen. I love him with all of my heart but he really makes me angry.

Papa Bear

Young adults are always frustrating with their new found wisdom and ideas. It always helps to be patient with them and to show them our own wisdom gained through experience.

Daffy

He can be so infuriating and he is absolutely makes the worst decisions in the world. I have helped him to fill out numerous job applications and he will never follow up on them. I think he just wants to live on his family's dime for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, we are about to disabuse him of this notion.

AdoptedDad

Just a year after I got married, my wife's father passed away. My adopted son was very close to him and it was hard for him to lose such a beloved grandparent at such a young age. Thankfully, my adopted son and my Dad had always gotten along well too and he stepped in to help fill the void.