Sharing music

danno

My 12 year old son and I are both learning to play guitar together. He is very musical and his granny taught him to play the piano, so he should be better than me, but it's great fun trying to duet when we can only manage a few chords each!:D

Andersson

That sounds like a great way to bond and share music experiences, you can teach a little of what you listen to and he can do the same. Jazz is something both myself and I appreciate, he can play and I just sit there to listen to him. Music for him does not come from my side of the family.

On The Mark

My younger brother was the one who was always musically inclined with a guitar. I could never learn it. I do have a knack for picking out songs that reflect what me and anyone else in my life are going through at the time though.

Sinbian

Playing instruments is great fun for the entire family. I just wish my kids were more interested in playing. Maybe it's time to get them hooked. :)

danno

Playing instruments is great fun for the entire family. I just wish my kids were more interested in playing. Maybe it's time to get them hooked. :)
Well, I started first and hadn't expected him to join in because, although he is artistic and musical, he'd never expressed any interest in the guitar before. When he asked if he could have a go, and liked it, I bought him his own. Your kids may well love it if they give it a go.