She Will Never Have a Name

Victor

My wife and I have really been struggling with finding a third girl name. Our first two girls have pretty names that end in the "a" sound so I feel like we probably should find a name that ends in "a" but we just can't agree on anything. At this rate, her birth certificate will simply say "Baby Girl".

Bear

You will find the perfect name soon enough. It took us the longest time to come up with a name for our first child, but once we had it we knew that was the one.

Timeless

You'll come up with a name before the baby is born. Our daughter's name ends with an a and is Italian. I remember really liking the name Amelia. We didn't choose that name but decided if we had a second girl that's what we would name her.

Victor

Amelia is a very nice name, but I couldn't use it without laughing. When my grandmother (whose name was Amalie) died, the nun at the rosary kept calling her Amelia and really drawing the name out. We barely stifled our inappropriate laughter. I had to pretend I was crying.

I should look at Italian names, though. I bet there are a bunch that end in "a" to pick from.

polamalu43

She will have a name! I bet if you don't have one picked out before her birth you will pick one out shortly after you see her. How about Natalina? You could call her Natalie for short.

Victor

Natalina is a really pretty name! Thanks for the suggestion. I may run that one by my wife and see what she thinks.

I was talking to some friends who said they had to decide after the baby was born, but that sounds like too much pressure to me.

BigPapa

There are a ton of names that end in "a". Try Marianna, Maria, Anna, Helena, Eliza, Julia, Ada, Cora or Greta. There are a lot more, but that's what I came up with off the top of my head.

SingleDadNow

My friend couldn't come up with a name until their daughter was 4 days old! I doubt that you will be in that situation. There are a lot of names that end in A. Natalia, Corina, Felicia, Alana, Elena, Alicia, Catalina, etc. are all pretty names.