She's a New Driver

Timeless

Our daughter is now officially a licensed driver. It scares me to think she will be driving alone at night. Unlike my son, she took to driving right away. I've caught her speeding a couple of times and have told her if she gets a ticket for speeding she will have limited use of the car. My wife isn't worried, says she is a good, responsible driver. My wife is a speeder too!

CHenne

If she is speeding she should lose all privileges with the car. Think of your car insurance... it will skyrocket if she gets a ticket. Congrats on a new driver in the family.

Christian

Congratulations to your daughter, but Chenne is right. If your daughter gets a ticket your insurance will skyrocket, and in my state she could even lose her license for a year.

polamalu43

My daughter just passed her road test last week. She knows the rules! She gets a ticket for anything and she comes off my insurance. I hope your daughter controls her "lead foot".

olderthandirt

My girls were told that if they get their license, they must pay for the added cost of putting them on my insurance. I think they appreciate it more if they have to pay for it.

Victor

I think that's a good idea, older. I had to pay for my share of car insurance when I was in high school and I believe it was good for me.

Blue44

I also paid the extra insurance when I first started driving, and put gas in the family car after I used it. I think it's a real good idea and teaches responsibilities that are needed for the future. I've noticed that girls are more adventurous when driving, like speeding and following too close.

DeputyDad

Girls are more adventurous when driving? When I stop laughing I'll be able to write about the hot rod, drag racing, gear head boys in my family. :D

SingleDadNow

Tell your wife that if she is speeding with you in the car, imagine what she is doing when you are not around. I would definitely limit her driving until she shows that she is ready to take it more seriously!