Single dad with 3 teenage girls

olderthandirt

The title of the thread should already have you feeling sorry for me. Maybe it would be different if I'd had boys, but teenage girls are like aliens. You never know what they're going to do next, but you know you can't possibly understand them. I didn't see a spot to introduce myself so figured I'd say hi and give you a glimpse into the confusion that is my life.:eek:

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. I have a five year old daughter and I can already see some interesting things I do not understand. I hope you are well.

olderthandirt

Greetings and salutations. I have a five year old daughter and I can already see some interesting things I do not understand. I hope you are well.
Oh, just you wait. When they hit teenagerhood, it's like a minefield. I don't know - maybe it is just as bad with single mothers or even married couples. Mood swings, boyfriends, the phone glued to their ears... I hear "Oh, Dad" more than I hear anything and that's always said with the most pitying, condescending tone.

John

You have your work cut out for you. Think on the bright side. After you get them grown and self-sufficient, you can head toward old age knowing that you'll have three mature women with good heads on their shoulders taking care of you.

BigPapa

I don't envy your position. If I didn't have my wife to help decode my daughter I would probably lose my mind. I had a friend in college though whose dad had raised his 4 girls alone too. I can't imagine being in that position, but I am sure you are doing a great job.

On The Mark

You have my sympathies. I can't imagine having to do what you do. I have 2 daughters but helped raise them at different times with different mothers. That pales in comparison with your job my friend.

polamalu43

Oh my! You have your work cut out for you is really an understatement. I have 3 kids too but I'm not single and they are not all girls. I don't envy you at all but I am sure you will do a great job and I'm sure they think you are a great dad.

olderthandirt

Oh my! You have your work cut out for you is really an understatement. I have 3 kids too but I'm not single and they are not all girls. I don't envy you at all but I am sure you will do a great job and I'm sure they think you are a great dad.
I like to think they do. I kid around about it being hard, but I have to admit that they're turning out quite well. When they're all embroiled in a screaming match with each other, I try to remember that before I go crazy.

John

I envy you, however, ten years down the road. Just think of all the great and wonderful things that will come back to you. Girls are good friends when they're older, and they are as loyal as can be.