Single men won't date mothers.

Andrew

Most of my friends who are still single and in there 30's don't even consider going out with a women who already has kids. I myself am married with my own, but given the situation I honestly don't know if I would be up for it either.
What would you do?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends. I see the problems my brother goes through with his wife's ex and their children. I would not want to be in his position. But I married my wife who was a single mother. It was a different situation, as her ex is around, so there is no head aches and no using our daughter to as a pawn.

Zimmer

I'd have to agree with Jason, it depends on the situation. Some people are willing, some people aren't. If I was single I probably wouldn't mind dating a single mother, of course as far as the long haul is concerned I'd think it over carefully before jumping in.

CHenne

I say why not? Kids are great! Every kid needs a man in their life as a role model, why not let it be you. I hate it when I hear people say kids are baggage, everyone has something that they bring into a relationship.

Papa Bear

I agree that it depends on the situation. There are cases when the ex-husband and the wife have moved on to a friendly relationship and they understand each other. This to me is a more acceptable situation.

Andrew

Yes they are, but I guess most men fear the fact, especially if there teenagers that they won't accept him and he will always feel like the extra wheel.

noahsdad

I got to know my now wife pretty well before she even let her son be around me. I was ok with that not having any children of my own. I love kids and spoil my nieces and nephew to pieces so we knew their would be no issue. She just didn't want him getting attached and me leaving. I love both my sons so much and could never imagine my life without them in it!

Jessie

I am not in this situation, but my brother is. He likes his girlfriends kids, but they don't really like him and it is straining their relationship. He says if it doesn't work with her, that he will not date someone else with kids. He says it is too hard on him to try and get attached to the kids for them to be taken from him becuase the relationship doesn't work.