Sleeping Beauty?

Jonathan

I and my wife watched Sleeping Beauty, an Australian movie. It looks like a unique and well directed movie, but honestly I don't know what it is all about. :) Have you watched it?

Godric

No but I have seen the trailer and it does look nice. It's really a great thing to see producers creating modern versions of the classics.

Victor Leigh

At first I thought it's the movie of the classic fairy tale. Just had a quick look at imdb about it. Looks good. Now searching for a download.

meowcow

The trailer does look good. I think the fact that the name is so much associated with the old basic fairy tale led me to believe it will be traditional. But it does look like it has a good spin on the classic story. I will have to check it out, thank you for your recommendation! I am always on the lookout for some of the less famous movies to watch.

Timothy

I'm not sure which Sleeping Beauty movie you're talking about, as there are several by that title. I tried watching one with my wife today on Netflix, but it was a somewhat disturbing version, where the main character is (willingly) drugged to sleep and men pay to lay with her. (But not in the way you might be thinking.) We found the storyline to be lacking and stopped watching about half an hour into it.

Jonathan

Timothy, actually that's the movie I refer to. I can understand that you decided not to watch the whole movie. My wife keeps saying that it's an odd movie and she doesn't understand the storyline.

Godric

I'm not sure which Sleeping Beauty movie you're talking about, as there are several by that title. I tried watching one with my wife today on Netflix, but it was a somewhat disturbing version, where the main character is (willingly) drugged to sleep and men pay to lay with her. (But not in the way you might be thinking.) We found the storyline to be lacking and stopped watching about half an hour into it.
I thought the trailer was good. Does that mean that the story ended up as boring after all? What I liked about the trailer was that it reminded me with the story where sleeping beauty originated from. It's called "Talia, Sun, and Moon". It's about Talia (The sleeping beauty) getting raped and getting pregnant while sleeping. Sun and Moon is her son and daughter.

Timothy

I thought the trailer was good. Does that mean that the story ended up as boring after all? What I liked about the trailer was that it reminded me with the story where sleeping beauty originated from. It's called "Talia, Sun, and Moon". It's about Talia (The sleeping beauty) getting raped and getting pregnant while sleeping. Sun and Moon is her son and daughter.
I didn't watch the whole thing, because I had trouble following it, but the part that I watched was boring to me. (You might feel differently as everyone's tastes and opinions are different.) Initially, my wife pointed the movie out and wanted to try it, because she said it reminded her of an adult version of Sleeping Beauty written by Anne Rice. Neither of us could get into the movie though, so we ended up watching something else.