Sleepless In Seattle

footballtim

Have ever seen the movie 'Sleepless In Seattle'?

Even though the movie was mostly about the romance, I thought the content about the child was very interesting.

I thought it gave a very realistic account of what it is like to try to raise a child after you just lost a spouse whom you were very in love with.

Don

I've seen it, but only because my wife is such a big Tom Hank's fan. I guess the part I was most impressed with was Tom Hank's house. I would love to have a house like that!

Lorenzo

"Sleepless in Seattle" is one of my and my wife's all-time favorite movies. I think it's very romantic. Also, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have great chemistry on-screen.

You're right Don, Tom Hanks' house is nice, but it would have been nicer if it doesn't rain in that area most of the time.

footballtim

"Sleepless in Seattle" is one of my and my wife's all-time favorite movies. I think it's very romantic. Also, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have great chemistry on-screen.

You're right Don, Tom Hanks' house is nice, but it would have been nicer if it doesn't rain in that area most of the time.
That house indicates that Tom Hanks' character was quite well off. I feel that it is much harder to go through losing your spouse if you are broke.

By the way, I used to hate rain when I lived in a place like Seattle. (Milwaukee) Since I have lived in rain-deprived places like Colorado and currently Key West, Florida, I pray for rain all the time.

youngone

I have watched 'Sleepless in Seattle', my girlfriend forced me to watch it with her, it's not the type of movie I would usually watch. However, I do think the relationship between father and son is realistic and considerate, I could relate to it having separated from my son's mother.

Michael

We've watched this movie several times. How can you miss it? It's on here all the time. I would love to live on a houseboat for a vacation house. It reminds me of the ones in Amsterdam. Hanks was a lucky guy with that kid.

Victor

I've seen it before but it's been so long that I don't remember the details.

I think losing your spouse would be awful regardless of financial circumstances, but I do agree that if you are well off, a major source of stress is removed.

Salazar

I like that movie. You're right that they did a good job of showing Tom Hanks' character's struggle with trying to move on. I think the scenes with that girlfriend he has for a while and the kid were pretty funny. Boy, that kid did not like that chick at all!

BigPapa

I vaguely remember seeing Sleepless in Seattle when it came out. I don't remember too much about it except the kid tried to get his dad a date or something.

Timothy

I've seen the movie several times, but I can't get my wife to watch it, even though it's a romance. I don't know why she doesn't want to watch it! I think it's got something to do with Meg Ryan being in it, because I know she likes Tom Hanks.

John

"Sleepless in Seattle" was a great movie. We watch it every few years when there's nothing else on. I always enjoy it. Meg Ryan was a cutie back then. I haven't seen her lately. Is she still in movies?