Son Divorced Again

GranddadHoward

I just don't understand. My son is divorcing for the second time (different wives). They have a daughter and my granddaughter is crushed. They seemed to be happy, finances were not a problem, and they seemed to be getting along fine. I just don't understand this second divorce.

Timothy

I feel for your granddaughter. I think divorces are almost always hardest on the children involved. You may never know why your son is divorcing his second wife, but I know your granddaughter will appreciate any support you can give her while they are all going through this.

Bear

You can never know what goes on behind closed doors, and in the long run things may be better for your granddaughter than if they had stayed unhappily together. How old is your granddaughter?

Fargon

Have you asked him what the problem was? Has he at least explained everything to the children and grandchildren involved? It is his personal life but there are other people who deserve explanations.

Lorenzo

Some relationships are not meant to last, even how hard people involved try to make it work. At times, even if there doesn't seem to be any problem on the "outside," who knows what challenges these couples are facing emotionally? Hopefully, your son's decision will turn out best for everyone.

LeonR

It's especially hard on other members of the family when two people divorce. All you can do is be there for your son and for the children. Good luck as you go through this most difficult of times.

Salazar

I would just ask him straight up for an explanation. He doesn't have to go into great detail, but you'll be able to support him through this better if you have at least a basic understanding of what happened.