Son mad at daughter!

polamalu43

My daughter told me that my son has been "all over his girlfriend" in school. She wanted me to know because she has heard that he has been talking to his friends about "having sex". He is 16 but holy crap! We have already had the talk several times. I tried to talk to him again. Now he is mad at his sister. What in the world do I do?

Zimmer

I usually try to let them resolve their own problems, getting in the middle usually ends badly in my experience. As for the sex part, just make sure that he understands the implications and he's safe.

Timothy

At 16, I can understand your son being mad with your daughter for "snitching" on him. I'm sure you and his mom are probably the last people on Earth he wanted to know about this. However, you still had to talk to him about this, because sex can lead to pregnancy and STD's. Also, school is not the place to be "all over your girlfriend". Just let your son be mad with your daughter for now; he'll get over it eventually.

On The Mark

If he has nothing to hide then he shouldn't be getting mad. They're brother and sister right? They should be having each others' best interests at heart, and that's all it sounds like to me. The sister was concerned so she told mom.

polamalu43

It has died down finally! We had the talk again. The whole safe sex, STDs, and being appropriate in school. He isn't dating that girl anymore.

John

At least the situation gave you a chance to bring up the topic. You can never be too safe. At that age, the hormones are raging, so the issue will come up again, most assuredly. We've all been there, or at least I know most of us guys have been. That's life.