Special gift for the wife

SoontoBe

I've been thinking about what to buy my wife as a gift after our baby is born that will have special meaning to her. I know red roses are good. What have others bought for their baby's mother to let her know how much you love her at this time?

Michael

My wife does love jewelry. She's happy with costume jewelry that doesn't cost much. I did give her a charm bracelet right after we were married. When there's something special, I can always give her a charm to match. She loves it. I gave her a baby cradle when my daughter was born, along with a heart that stood for us.

wilson

I would avoid the flowers, while they are nice they tend to get in the way. If its her first kid the last thing she wants atop a screaming feeding newborn is flowers to fool with. At least my wife was that way.

James

Haha Wilson, I could see my wife saying something to that effect (about the flowers). In my experience, something that makes your wife comfortable is always a good idea, but especially after the birth of a child. What about pajamas, bedroom slippers, or a nice bath robe? Also, a heating pad would be a great gift, if she doesn't already have one. She's gonna need it!!

Ronald

I like James' idea about the heating pad. My wife used one religiously for several months after our child was born. Jewelry is another good idea, like Michael stated, but if it's pricey, it could be a bit impractical right after your child is born.

BoyOBoy

My wife wanted a baby shoe for each child made of enamel or something. Those things cost in the hundreds. I could hock them now that we've split. She took them with her, but left me behind.

Paul1960

My wife wanted me to help out more around the house, so instead of buying her something after each child was born, I took over cooking and cleaning until she went back to work.

SoontoBe

Paul, more power to you. I'd rather buy the expensive jewelry that do housework and cooking. My mom's coming in to help with that. Seriously, you've given me some ideas. We need a heating pad, so that's an idea for a little present. I am leaning toward buying her a piece of jewelry and having it engraved with the baby's name and date.

Pucknut87

On thing that I've found is very popular right now are the Willow Tree figurines. They make them for all different occasions...we received one as a wedding gift that is very special to us, and I'm thinking about getting one for my wife after the baby arrives.

Babar

I would skip the flowers, as they tend to be cliche and overdone. Aim for something sentimental with a personal touch, like a special photo or decorative piece.