Starting to Wish I Could Work

Victor

I'm starting to think it'd be better if I were working. I'm a little tired of staying home with the kids and I get bored easily. The only problem is that I don't have the earning power to make enough to pay for daycare, much less bring in more money. I'm not sure what to do.

olderthandirt

Perhaps you could work from home? There are a lot of companies now that hire for remote positions, doing customer service or other tasks. Do you like to write? There are tons of places online to earn money for writing articles or other materials. Or you could try blogging and doing some affiliate marketing to earn extra money, kill boredom and still be home with the kids.

Victor

I do a little writing now and it helps. My problem is more that I miss adult interaction and the feedback and mental stimulation that I get from working. I think I will just have to set up more playdates for now and maybe volunteer or work part time on the weekends.

On The Mark

Volunteer work is a good idea, especially if you can bring the kids with you. It's a good lesson for them to learn and gets you out with other adults.