Staying active in raising a child

Nate

Even though your child may not live with you, the time you take when you have them for the weekend, for example, will show how much you care about them. My parents divorced when I was young, but I remember special weekends with my dad because he dropped everything just to be with me.

Samuel

I believe that that is the way you should be as a parent father. Although you might not have much time for your child, you should make sure you maximize the commitment you put into those few hours.

DaddyBob

Even though your child may not live with you, the time you take when you have them for the weekend, for example, will show how much you care about them. My parents divorced when I was young, but I remember special weekends with my dad because he dropped everything just to be with me.

Good for you! My dad probably thought that divorcing my mother meant that he divorced me too. I saw him probably just once a year.

Seven

I guess it's true what they say, the quality of the time is more important than the quantity of the time. Children of divorce can attest to that.

Paul40

I see it all the time, parents splitting up and the dads disappearing. I would never do this! My cousin and his wife split up but he is with his kids a lot. He gets them 1/2 the time.

Tyler

I think quality is the most important. I also have half custody of my son and I do try to spend as much time with him as I can. I also try doing special things like taking him to see monster trucks or fishing when time and money allow.