Step kids? No way!!!

Victor

I think it is admirable that you don't make a point of separating your stepchildren from your biological children. I imagine it makes your stepchildren feel more secure.

BigPapa

My mom remarried when I was 12 and my sister was 15. For all intents and purposes he is our dad. He was there for us, he raised us and he supported us. Even though my mother and he had 2 kids together, he never differentiated between us. He calls us his kids and we call him our dad. I do not think that there is anything wrong with making your children, yes I said your children, feel loved and wanted by not making them feel less than your biological children.

footballtim

I have found that if you want children, you can love them even if they are your step children or your adopted children. I was adopted, and I know that even though my family was dysfunctional, my adopting parents did love me. I was in a relationship in 1994 where there were two young children. The reason it did not last was not because I did not love the children. It was because I still needed to live my own life, and I loved the children too much to let them have a step father that was not totally devoted to them.

Miller

It's as okay for you to say you have "X" number of children as it is for people to pry and insist that you separate your biological children from your other types of children. If they are your children, just say, "I have six children." That should suffice unless you want to take it further.

roncar

I have two step daughters who call me dad. Their loser father never calls them and sees them no more than once, maybe twice a year. I married their mother when these girls were 8 and 5 years old, so I'm really the only father they know since he left them 5 years before this. I think as long as the kids and your wife feel comfortable with you calling them your biological kids, then it's fine.

daddyjay

I would not say they are your biological children since they are not. But I see nothing wrong with saying, "I have three children" when asked. It is true. You love all the children as your own and are helping to raise them. If a step-parent loves their children and the children love them, they can have a parent-child bond that is equal to the bond with a biological parent. In fact, it sometimes bothers me when people take the time to point out that some of their children are only step-children.

meowcow

I wouldn't call it wrong, but it can be confusing. Not that you have to clear it up with other people because you obviously don't owe any of them any explanations, but it is healthy to be honest or at least concise. In the end, yes it probably doesn't matter as long as they are loved, but we never know what a small confusion now will turn into in the future.

freedombiker

I was married to my loving wife Almost 2 years ago we have three children together. The two oldest are not my biological children. Really though that doesn't matter to me blood or not I'm the only father they have. when people ask i say the are my biological kids. Certain people think it is wrong for me to say that. Is it really? let me know where you stand.
I would not care about what other people are thinking about it. As long as you and the children and your wife is happy with this situation then it is good.