Tell Me I Haven't Lost My Mind!

Timothy

As I was saying in another thread, my wife recently found out that twins run in her family, and learning that basically renewed her vigor for a second child. Or a second and third simultaneously, as the case would be if she actually did bear twins... Anyway, she and I have been talking about it, and we've decided to go ahead and start trying for another pregnancy. She'll be going to the doctor after New Year's to have her IUD removed and all I really want is for someone to tell me I haven't lost my mind for agreeing to this!!

Sinbian

You have lost your mind! [Long uncomfortable pause] Just kidding. Children are a spice of life and don't think twice about these decisions, ya hear. :) Good luck!

Bear

As long as your family can afford to care for another child (or two) properly then I don't think that you are crazy at all. I don't know how old your son is, but babies are pretty expensive these days. I am spending about $60 a week just on diapers!

Timothy

Ha ha Sinbian! Thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

Bear - Our son is still in diapers right now, but we are working on potty training and hoping he'll be using the toilet by the time another child comes along. I don't know what I'll do if she gets pregnant with twins and our first one isn't out of diapers yet!! I really will lose my mind!!

LeonR

If you don't go ahead and try, you'll never know what you'd be missing. If you deny your wife another child, that will always be a bone of contention. Most people who have children end up seeing them as a joy in their lives. We have four, and it's ten times the pleasure having just one would be.

Bearsfan

I have to say, I am grateful twins do not run in either my wife's or my own families. I love our kids and I'm not even ruling out maybe trying for a fourth, but the idea of having 2 in diapers, teething, hitting those terrible 2's.... Good luck, Timothy.

Salazar

Well, if she has twins you won't have to go through the inevitable should-we-have-a-third discussion. :) Seriously, though, the fact that you agreed to it tells me you're ready for more. If you were secretly feeling dead set against it, we'd have a problem here.

Timothy

Yeah, Salazar, you're right - I am ready for more. ;) I'm still nervous about the financial aspects of it, but we found a way to make it work when we had our son, so I'm sure we can find a way to make it work this time, too.

Andersson

If you have one extra it might be different to adjust to but still, it is a blessing. Think of it this way, most times you can hit up sales and get a buy one get one 1/2 off (or free) deal, I am sure that will come in handy for you.