Test driving car today!

polamalu43

I am taking my daughter to test drive a car today. It will be her first car. Wish us luck! We have been looking for close to a month and finally found one that we really are interested in.

Victor

What kind of car is it? Did you buy it? Hopefully things went well.

It's hard to imagine being at that point with the kids; I have a toddler and a preschooler.

polamalu43

She loved it! It is a Chevy Cobalt - just what we were looking for. The only problem is the girl smoked in it. It isn't horrible but I can smell it. Anyone know how to get the smell of smoke out?

Andersson

The first car is always a fun time for any new driver. I am not sure about the smoke though. What type of fabric is in the car?

polamalu43

It's just the regular so I don't know what that is. We are going to put some vinegar in the car. I heard that if you close up the car and put a bowl of vinegar it will suck a lot of the smell out?

Timeless

It's just the regular so I don't know what that is. We are going to put some vinegar in the car. I heard that if you close up the car and put a bowl of vinegar it will suck a lot of the smell out?
Try Febreeze on the seats and roof. That's where all the smell comes from and it should get rid of it. I use a Febreeze air vent freshener and I like it. Not too strong-smelling and it gets rid of the fast food smell the kids leave in the car when they use it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Ground coffee and charcoal briquettes placed in a tray and left int he car for about 48 hours and removed should help reduce or eliminate the smell. I've seen some use then on newspapers saying the newspaper will help.

polamalu43

Thanks Jason... I will put coffee grounds in there. Of course they need to be new and not brewed right? I have heard that we should put a opened box of fabric softener sheets under the seats too.