The Glare

Victor

My youngest daughter has recently learned the art of glaring. It's funny since she's not even two and will suddenly start giving you a death stare, but it's also unnerving since she'll keep it up for a few minutes. I look at her and ask her what I did, but she just keeps glaring.

On The Mark

Where do you think she gets that from? Did she just see a movie or television show where characters do that? It's not a big deal really, but I would be curious as to where she picked up the habit.

Victor

My wife and I will glare at each other sometimes (usually jokingly) but never for very long. It's possible she learned it from us, I guess, and just extends the time.

Either that or it comes from staring contests with the cat.

Alfy

When my daughter was around one year and a half years old and we'd take her out shopping, she would stare at people. She would glare at them if they stared back. She could out-stare and out-glare most people. I remember one older gentleman telling my wife the way our daughter could hold her stare and not move amazed him.

Bear

My four year old daughter will do this too! She has actually developed quite the little temper here in the past few months. We are trying to teach her better ways to deal with her anger rather than hitting or throwing things.

Victor

Well, she has recently added the phrase "Go away" to her repertoire and she sure doesn't hesitate to use it. I have one rude little girl. We're working on it, though. I don't remember if her older sister was this rude at the same age.

popsmcnitt

I originally thought that this was going to be a thread about the glare that we give to our kids when they are misbehaving. However, I understand what you mean. My son gives me the glare when he knows that he is getting the raw end of a deal. For example, when I give him a list of chores and I tell him to get them all done before dinner or he won't get dessert, that's when he gives me the glare. I don't ever remember giving my parents the glare. Maybe today's kids are just a little bit different.

SingleDadNow

The glare wouldn't worry me as much at this age. I wouldn't think that they can really understand if you correct them for the type of look they are giving you. The "Go away" phrase would not stand with me, though.