Time For A Change

Timothy

Lots of things have changed at my workplace in the last few months, with still more changes to come. Long story short, they have been "consolidating" offices, and come August of this year, I will have to transfer to another office that's nowhere near where we live. (Think an hour's commute or more, one way.) I'm not looking forward to this, especially given the fact that this is no great paying job to begin with. I'm thinking it's time for a change, but I just can't think of another line of work to look into!

On The Mark

Try to find something that is relevant to what you do now. And definitely closer. Also try to find a career that makes you happy. Money is one thing, but if you don't enjoy what you do for a living, you're probably not going to enjoy much else.

Timothy

I thought about doing that Mark, but I don't really care for what I'm doing now. I kind of fell into the job because a family member knew the office was hiring, but I don't really care to keep doing this line of work anymore. I want a fresh start but this doesn't seem to be the economy to get a fresh start in.

BigPapa

Right now might not be the time to make a fresh start but just remember when one door closes a window opens. I have always been a firm believer that if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life.

Chrisitan

Look around. Go to places you would like to work and check often for listings. Let them see you eager for a job. I used to tell my younger brother that it was great to put in an application but don't let more than a couple of days go by without showing up there and asking if they have any openings. Don't use the telephone to check either, showing up shows you would be committed to a job.

Timothy

Look around. Go to places you would like to work and check often for listings. Let them see you eager for a job. I used to tell my younger brother that it was great to put in an application but don't let more than a couple of days go by without showing up there and asking if they have any openings. Don't use the telephone to check either, showing up shows you would be committed to a job.
That's a good idea. There are a couple of places around town I wouldn't mind working, the golf course in particular. I really hope things work out by August!