Too extreme or just right?

Victor

I saw it. I thought shooting the laptop was a slight overreaction, mostly just because it was a violent action, I guess. Personally I would have sold it and gotten some of my money back.

Clay

Sometimes I really wonder what people are thinking! This action by her dad does nothing, but show his kids that shooting things is acceptable when someone does something you don't like. Plus, I am sure she will probably need therapy for the embarassment and torture her dad has brought upon her.

Babar

I saw this a few days ago, and I thought then and still think that it was perfectly justified. I think it's a great punishment, in fact, because sometimes the only thing that will work on unruly kids is "tough love".

Bear

I think he was completely justified in his actions, and I would have no problem doing something similar. You have to remember she PUBLICLY trashed her family on Facebook so he made her punishment public as well. I am glad to see someone is not afraid to stand-up and parent their children. I am sure that she has learned a lesson that she will never forget, and it's not to go out and shoot something.

Andersson

I am kind of okay with the destruction of the laptop, after all he did pay for it. Using a gun though was over the top and I would not have went that route.

collin

Dad was hurt, and angry... and he did what he did.
I don't blame him, and it doesn't matter what way he destroyed it, that's his decision, and I have a feeling he chose the gun to show his EXTREME hurt more than anything. men often mask their hurt with symptoms of anger, but underneath, I'm sure he was greatly hurt by what his daughter did. I know I'd be hurt. The kids reaction in the video are typical, if you ask me... no surprises there.

Babar

Most of the teens in the follow-up video seemed immature. I'm sure in a few years' time their thoughts on the situation will have changed.

joeldgreat

I was more concerned about the use of the gun. Knowing that their is a gun in the house would mean different especially for teenagers. A baseball bat would be a better tool for destruction. lol.

Godric

After seeing this, I wondered, what would make us fathers loose our cool to a point of telling everyone that we are immature?

I mean, shooting a laptop is outright immature and senseless aside from telling your daughter that I am childish and you don't need to respect me any more. We fathers need to discipline our children in the comfort of our homes and not to publicly humiliate your daughter to everyone.

Bear

The public humiliation was part of his point. His daughter had trashed her family on facebook and youtube more than once. The first time she was grounded and got her stuff back, and well you see what he did the second time. I don't think shooting the laptop was unreasonable. You can see from the house in the background the family obviously had money. I think destroying the laptop was his way of letting her know she wasn't EVER getting it back until she earns enough money to buy her own.

Don

I can kind of see why he did it, but I do think it was extreme. If I didn't need the money, I think I would have sold it on Ebay for ninety-nine cents instead.

Godric

A lot of people want to buy a laptop but can't afford one. So shooting a laptop in public makes it extreme. Also a good parent should still know that disciplining your children should be done privately. It only makes us immature if we will be the one's copying our children and not them copying our acts.