Too Much Salt?

Bonzay

I've been dealing with way too much salt in my parents food. They forget themselves and indulge whenever they can. Now I'm trying to redesign their diet so they can start to feel a bit better by eating properly. Are you parents stubborn as mine?

janicecai1

Old people become stubborn when it comes to how their food should taste like. I know that because I have spent weekends with my grandmother. I researched about it and I found out that it happens to be like that because oldies' taste buds changed a lot already. They need to have more salt, more sugar for them to say that the food is delicious. just be more patient with your folks.

Timothy

My wife's dad had an issue with consuming too much salt, as did some of her other family members. He was "as stubborn as a mule", or so they say, but we were able to appease him with that "light" salt - it only has half as much sodium as regular salt, but it still "salts" the food the same way that regular table salt does.

Victor

I swear my mother has some sort of sodium deficiency with the way she craves salt. She just pours it on and it grosses me out, since I can detect even small amounts of salt in food.

Godric

My mother does have a problem with eating too much salt but she is very stubborn with her food. She likes eating food that are too sweet to the point that I am worrying she might get diabetes. When we tell her so slow down on the sweet things she would only tell us not to bother her.

Victor Leigh

Like some of the others said, it's very difficult to teach older folks what to eat. My father has already passed away so I don't have to worry about him. My mother is with my youngest sister, so it's her job to see that my mother takes her medication on time.

Andersson

I have switched over to sea-salt myself and I tend to use less and less each time, that might be the way to go. Keep in mind its hard to change over and redesign someones food intake, people eat what they want, even when you are not watching them 24/7.