Trampoline

DeputyDad

The kids want a trampoline for Christmas. I don't want them to have one. A friend's son just broke his ankle and had to get six screws put in to hold it together while he heals. He broke it on the trampoline when he came down wrong on a jump. I keep telling them that we just don't have room for one. Maybe I am being overprotective, but I don't think it is a good idea right now.

Andersson

You can not shelter your kids forever. There is a place in our town that is setup as a trampoline play yard. Everything is indoors and they have safety down to an art, maybe you could find a place like this for the kids instead?

polamalu43

I see nothing wrong with trampolines. Your kids could step wrong off the sidewalk and hurt their ankles. You just have to teach them the safe way to use it. Andersson - that place sounds like a ball!

SingleDadNow

You might not have to be the bad guy. Call your homeowner's insurance company and ask if they even allow them. Some companies will cancel your policy if they learn that you get one, and others will raise your rates significantly.

Bear

I was going to say the same thing SingleDad! My homeowners insurance won't allow trampolines on the property. I don't think DeputyDad is being overprotective. Trampolines are notoriously dangerous.