Vasectomy

SamMo

Would you consider it? I had one before I met my current wife so we weren't able to have children together but it wasn't important to us as we both had children from previous relationships. What are your thoughts?

MickL

Ummm, not really. We have two children and we don't plan to have another baby, but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of getting yourself sterilized.

Salazar

I had a vasectomy before I met my wife and she was ok with it. Then...she got pregnant. Surprise, lol. I never went for the follow up and apparently it didn't "take." For anyone considering it, I cannot stress enough - make sure you go for your follow up after the procedure.

stayathomepaul

I have had one. I figure it is easier or a man to do then a woman. Plus it can be reversed if you change your mind and you are still young enough. It really wasn't that bad.

MickL

Well, that's comforting. How do you actually feel when you have it? Any pain or other side effects? And, I know it can be reversed, but will we still be we used to be?

Salazar

I wouldn't say there was pain, but there was certainly discomfort for the first couple days afterward. Nothing major though. It's just a tiny incision with a few stitches. Once you're healed, neither of you will notice any difference at all.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I would have one when we are ready. The wife still wants more kids, so it will be while.