Visitation

Daffy

Visitation is horrible. It's another word for "I'll never see my kids again". If you are in a situation like I am, the kids live full time with the ex-wife and she puts you down as often as possible to the kids. It's not fair to the kids to put them in this type of situation but what do you do?:(

jason

Administrator
Staff member
That is a tough one. I know my brother does not get to see his, but once or twice year as they live in different states. I feel bad for him. Not really sure what you can do in cases like that though, even worse is like you said when you get bad mouthed by the other parent.

Andy

You can always try to get a mediator through the court. They will work between the both of you. You not try to handle this situation on your own. The mediators are there to help. Most of them work on slide scales for the fees as well. You and your ex will have to split the cost evenly.

PappaQ

It's a tough situation for everyone involved. My parents were divorced when I was 8 years old and they hated each other and I hated hearing about it from both of them. :(

PappaQ

It's a tough situation for everyone involved. My parents were divorced when I was 8 years old and they hated each other and I hated hearing about it from both of them. :(
That's pretty bad when parents bad mouth each other in front of the kid. No matter how they feel about each other, they should keep their mouths shut in front of their kids.

Andy

It is hard to see the ex when doing exchanges. I try to be a nice as possible. I don't want my kids thinking we hate each other. I don't hate my ex anyway because she is the mother of my kids.

Daffy

My ex did this to our kids too and now is doing it to the grandkids. I won't talk about her to them, I think it's wrong but it really gets to me that she does this to them. I refuse to put my kids or my grandkids in the middle.

Jessie

My ex and I were forced to go to a divorcing parents class for 8 weeks. They stressed that the kids are the most important to protect. I think because of this class, both my ex and I are 'nice' to each other in front of our son. Week on week off is a horrible situation too, but it was better than every other weekend until he goes into school next year.