Voters educate yourself

BigPapa

I try not to discuss politics very often but in a non-biased way I would like to urge everyone who intends to vote in the upcoming election to educate themselves on choices. I am not talking about listening to the attack ads coming out on both sides or listening to the pundits tell you what to think. I mean really educate yourself and look at the records via government websites and other similar places. Do not just vote because you like the guy or don't like the other guy.

FrankSinatra

Unfortunately this won't happen and that is why Obama will probably win without much competition. He has much better attack ads and people just seem to think he is a cool dude, while Romney is known for shutting down companies and outsourcing jobs.

JRDeep

If there were no political parties, voters would be better off. It's red vs. blue every year. Nothing really matters at the end of the day, because you'll have people on both sides sticking with their teams even if they like the candidate. I have republican friends who can't stand Romney, and call him a phony who flip flops on everything. They are voting republican anyway because they've always done so.

They have no faith whatsoever in this guys plans for the economy, yet, they'll vote because of the team he represents. Politics are annoyingly silly.

polamalu43

I could not agree more! You have to know who you are voting for. What do they stand for? So many things are going to change (Medicare, insurance, gun policy) etc. that it is super important that you know who you are voting for prior to voting.

FrankSinatra

If there were no political parties, voters would be better off. It's red vs. blue every year. Nothing really matters at the end of the day, because you'll have people on both sides sticking with their teams even if they like the candidate. I have republican friends who can't stand Romney, and call him a phony who flip flops on everything. They are voting republican anyway because they've always done so.

They have no faith whatsoever in this guys plans for the economy, yet, they'll vote because of the team he represents. Politics are annoyingly silly.
It would be much more difficult to have no parties and the instances you described are because those people vote with their party they have aligned with and cannot move because there is only one other option, which is the exact opposite. Government funding more political parties, instead of having a specific two-party system, would be the best way to promote change.

themdno

It really doesn't matter either way who you vote for. It will be more of the same, no matter what. Have any of you seen that old MadTV skit, where there are two candidates having a debate against each other?

They were asked about what citizens need...Candidate A says "These people need jobs", while candidate B says "No, no, no! These citizens need employment!" Basically, saying the same thing in a different way. That's a pretty good assessment of politics, to me. It's pointless, and it's all a show.

youngone

I will not vote for the Democrats or the Republicans because they are both parties of big business and they do not represent my interests as a worker. I long for the day when we have a legitimate alternative to vote for.

chea

Yeah, I think Obama probably has it in the bag. I'm not an American voter but I know the odds are in his favor to win reelection. I'd say Obama is doing a good job considering what he was left with and another 4 years with him isn't going to be a bad thing.

Don

I don't think Obama has done a good job at all, but I'm not sure if Romney could turn things around or not. We need another Ronald Reagan.

joeldgreat

That's nice for you. As you do the most important task as a citizen (to vote), you are also doing your country a great job. Choosing a leader is mostly neglected by many and thus, the winning candidate often do not meet our expectations. If all people in your country would make an effort to educate themselves, then their is a bigger possibility that you will choose the best candidate which will lead you to a better future.