Walking down the aisle

Dan

My wife's stepfather walked her down the aisle and almost 15 years later her father is still bitter about it. What do you stepfathers think? Do you want to walk her down the aisle eventually?

youngdad

I'm not a stepfather, but I can understand both dads. Of course, the biological father wants to be the one to walk his daughter down the isle, but there are a lot of things that might cause the daughter to choose the stepfather. 15 years is too long to hold a grudge and be bitter in any case.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I would walk my daughter down the isle if she asked. But I'm the only father she has known.

I think it is the daughters choice. Would I be upset if she found her biological father and asked him? It would hurt, but it is her choice. I would not hold a grudge for 15 years though.

Dan

I think the guy is more upset with himself and doesn't want to admit it. He wasn't really a part of her life when she was younger and renewed contact with her in her late teens. It makes holidays awkward because now she tries to make sure she sees him every holiday when he's not welcome at any of the family's house.

firstdad

That is sad. I hope he get's over the grudge since his daughter is now reaching out to him. Life is too short and too precious, and there should be no room for grudges as one get's older.