We've got Three

SeaUrchin

My wife and I have three great kids with the youngest being four. Now she's wanting another. I have my reservations. I would love to make sure I can make enough money to get the three we have through school and college before we make a decision. I love kids but I don't know.

SteppinIn

Have you shared your reservations with her? It's great to love kids, but providing them with the things they need and deserve can become harder when there are more of them. She may not want to wait until your current three are all through college, especially if the youngest is four, but maybe she needs a little insight into your realism?

stayathomepaul

I think it is important to share your reservations with her in an open and honest way. Communication is so important. If you have reservations she needs to know because planning a child with them can get in the way of a lot of things.

forgotten

She is kinda different. Generally it is the women who wants to stop having kids. As the others have said, sharing your reservations with her will make things easier for both of you.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the same boat as you. The wife is talking around 5, and that is very expensive.