What did you take when trying to conceive?

writer811

When you and your partner were trying to concieve, did the doctor put you on any special supplements or diet changes to make you more fertile? Vitamin or hormone supplements? Certain kinds of foods? What were they?

BigPapa

We didn't need anything like that. We thought the word pregnant and my wife was. She comes from a long line of very fertile women. Her grandmother had 7 kids and each of her aunts has 4 or 5.

FrankSinatra

Nope. I am Italian. My sperm knows what to do and have no problems. The doctor actually put me on some medication that would stop me from producing so much sperm because he was afraid I would impregnate my wife 4 or 5 times at once and every one in the waiting room.

tommymac

What did I take? I took my pants off!

Seriously, once we decided to conceive, I had her pregnant a month later. I had hoped it would have taken at least 6 months.

Niceness8000

I think most people don't get into trying to eat special diets or take supplements until after they've tried and failed. I think the tendency for most people is to think that they can get pregnant, and that getting pregnant is easy.

Hedonologist

What did I take? I took my pants off!

Seriously, once we decided to conceive, I had her pregnant a month later. I had hoped it would have taken at least 6 months.
Haha. Very true! I suppose zinc and vitamin C are the only two things that will seriously boost your chances, unless you have a specific deficiency elsewhere. Having said that I would advise looking into deficiencies if you are having trouble conceiving. Zinc will boost sperm production, and vitamin C will ensure they are more mobile.

themdno

We didn't need anything, just let it happen! I think that's the best way to go. We didn't specifically set out to conceive. It wasn't a choice we made one day, it just happened. However, if we had decided to have a baby, and we had been trying for awhile, I think I'd be open to taking something. I suppose it couldn't hurt, right?

youngone

If you are having difficulty conceiving you should evaluate your diet and your lifestyle. Cut out alcohol, cigarettes, processed food, sugar and grains. Learn to deal with your stress better and exercise. Most men resolve fertility issues by eating natural food and cutting out the crap.