When do you start

Kenny

When do you start getting yearly prostate exams? I have just turned 30 and unfortunately have seen numerous doctors this year but so far no one has done a prostate exam. Not that I am looking forward to it I was just wondering when doctors start checking things out.

spencer

I have heard that men are more prone to prostate cancer as they approach their fourties. I do not know how true that is but it breaks no bone to go for a check up.

benben

I think my doctor starts that at about 45 unless there is a family history of it. If there is then he will start it as soon as you ask him to.

McGregor

Yes I think after you reach 40, the doctor will tend to suggest you to get your prostate checked up. But there is nothing wrong to have an initiative to get it done before you reach the age.

lamant

I have yet to reach that point but I know I should go sooner rather than later. I am in the middle of moving to a new town and getting a new doctor and I have seen two so far but do not feel the connection I had with the last, another reason of putting this off.