When mom needs a break

Bear

What do you do when your wife really needs a break from your kids? I know my wife needs a break but we are honestly so broke right now that there isn't enough gas in the car for her just to leave for awhile. I am thinking about seeing if my mother-in-law will come pick them up for the day this weekend.

polamalu43

That would work. She can also get a break by heading outside for a walk. Walking helps clear your head. My wife used to go out for walks every night after dinner.

Sinbian

There are few things that my wife prefers when she wants to relax. Then I will try to create such atmosphere where she can achieve that. She's a real hard worker and if someone deserves relaxation she definitely does.

Salazar

My wife's idea of downtime is to lock herself in our bedroom and watch old movies or to go to the bookstore by herself. Whenever I see she's about to snap, I tell her to take her pick and go do it.

Victor

My wife likes to escape by grabbing a book or her computer and hitting the coffee shop. Since you guys are not in a good financial place for even that (I've been there and that sucks), a long walk or a chance to relax in the bedroom without the kids bothering her are both good options.

Andersson

Anything she wants. When a mom needs a break and you can see it on her face without her saying a word, this my dear friends is the best time to earn some brownie points. It does not matter what you do other than the end result - making sure mom gets her break.