When you're done having kids...

Babar

I was just wondering among the fathers on here which birth control methods you personally would be okay with using once your family is complete. Would you take a male birth control pill if available? Or do you think contraception is mainly a woman's issue?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I plan on getting fixed. I wish there was a male birth control, would have loved that in my youth. But getting fixed is fine by me.

writer811

I will opt for the vasectomy but if there is a male birth control pill available, I will probably use that too. I don't think it's a "woman's issue" as it takes two to make a baby, so both partners should take responsibility.

Lorenzo

I'm thinking of having a vasectomy. We have five kids already and another child would be more than enough for my wife and I to handle. Right now, my wife and I use the "rhythm method." We abide by it because we have to. My wife is the forgetful type, pills don't work on her.

Victor Leigh

I never had the need to do any fixing. I had children when I wanted to and I stopped having children when I didn't want to. I use a very simple technique called non-ejaculation. With practice, this technique can greatly enhance sexual pleasure for both parties.

Foster

I wouldn't say contraception is a woman's responsibility but there are more contraceptives for women. We currently have 2 children with a 12 month age gap, we discussed it and as it stands we dont plan on having any more for a few years. This made the implant perfect for us. However I may at some point have a vasectomy if we decide we will not be having anymore.

Victor Leigh

I wouldn't say contraception is a woman's responsibility but there are more contraceptives for women. We currently have 2 children with a 12 month age gap, we discussed it and as it stands we dont plan on having any more for a few years. This made the implant perfect for us. However I may at some point have a vasectomy if we decide we will not be having anymore.
Vasectomy? Is that something that's reversible or is it a permanent one-time solution? I am asking because things may change many years down the road.

joeldgreat

Speaking of vasectomy, statistics shows that their are very few males who wanted to go for vasectomy as an option for family planning method. Maybe because there are lots of other options to choice from in which most of them are designed for women. I remember when attending a parenting seminar in which the speaker ask the male audience if they prefer this method. Only two had raise their hands out of more than 20 males in that room.

I think if the husband is really taking the family planning seriously, he would not hesitate to opt for the "male" options.

streakanime

I would be OK with getting a vasectomy as long as we were sure we were done having kids. If there were some kind of male birth control pill, I would be more than happy to take it for my wife. For now, the plan is for her to get the three month shot. We decided it'd be the easiest way to go. Condoms can get expensive and I think something is lost in the pleasure aspect of things with condoms.

flfsurveyor

Family size is part and parcel of responsible parenthood and is a shared issue not just a woman's. I would even say that it is more of the man's concern. My wife and I agreed beforehand to adhere to the 'natural method' that is abstaining when she is most fertile and we would like to avoid accidental pregnancy. We kept to the routine when we done having kids. Occasionally, i would use a condom or my wife would give me sexual gratification through other means.

micromachne

I personally don't see myself getting a vasectomy. I'm not saying I plan on being some baby popping machine however. I just refuse to have myself "fixed"

streakanime

I personally don't see myself getting a vasectomy. I'm not saying I plan on being some baby popping machine however. I just refuse to have myself "fixed"
Is there any specific reason why? Or is it just something you cannot see yourself doing?

I do not really want a vasectomy either. But, I know it is a great deal safer than my wife getting her tubes tied.

Isabellas2007

Natural family planning is the option I am choosing. This is going to allow us to have kids again if we want to or even enjoy life with the children we have and live like God wants us to.

JRDeep

I'd start doing research, trying to find out all the alternatives to getting a vasectomy. That's really not something I'm looking forward to. I'd be open to anything else.

Hedonologist

I'm not sure it will crop up personally. Breastfeeding has caused delays in pregnancy anyway, so it causes a nice spacing out. I suppose I will have to wait and see. I don't like the idea of something permanent, but if we ever had 8 kids then I think I'll consider something more drastic :p

Niceness8000

I was just wondering among the fathers on here which birth control methods you personally would be okay with using once your family is complete. Would you take a male birth control pill if available? Or do you think contraception is mainly a woman's issue?
I would prefer to have a procedure done to eliminate the possibility. Me and my wife can decide which of us should have it, but if it's me, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I hate conception, but that's me . . .:rolleyes: