Why can't I go to shower?

Unclerob

I know a lot of men are thinking are you crazy? I also know it's early but I was talking to my wife and I said I wanted to be part of the baby shower and everything else that was related to our child. She laughed and said sorry hon, it's a girl thing.

sid

Hmmm. I was part of the baby shower for my second child. Not that I was seated among the girls. But I was there for various "support" roles. I was the photographer. I gathered the torn wrappers and took them out of the living room where they gathered. I was the usher! I handed to them their drinks. Man, it was fun.

Have you insisted? Have you told your wife it's your child too? I'm sure she'll get the point and let you in.

P.S.1. When your wife agrees, make sure you have your wedding band or engagement ring on. It's one tiny detail that's absolutely important, based on experience.
P.S.2. Then make sure you look at the other ladies there only in their eyes. It's one thing we all can learn from butlers.

Salazar

My wife didn't have a shower, but one of her friends had one last year and we were both invited. Her husband's friend was there and all the husbands of the guests were invited too. I don't see why it has to be a girl thing, unless that's the way she wants it.

WVOz1970

A friend of ours had one a couple years ago and it was a couples thing. Granted, all the guys hung out and watched TV while the ladies were in the other room doing the baby thing. We also helped the dad to be with some furniture set up in the nursery.

I've learned over the years that one of my main roles in married life is to kill small multi-legged creatures and to move heavy things ;-)

Dave

I went to ours and so did my dad. Granted we were the only men, but I had a lot of family I hadn't seen in quite some time so we wanted to do it together. We didn't even really discuss it I just went.

Alex

My buddy had a co-ed one last year so that he could invite his brothers and father all not married. It turned out well. About a third of the group were men and they had decent activities to include us, as they weren't too girlie.

Unclerob

I am printing this off and showing my wife. I'm all about the "couples shower". She told me I could come at the end of the shower, just in time to load the car and take out the trash! I'm going to win on this one.

Dave07

I didn't go to ours but it was a drop in thing at church and there were no men and I didn't know the majority of the women. Why don't you see if she'll go with a couples family shower even if she wants to do the girlfriend one on her own?

WillyWonka

Where I live, it's a regular thing for the guys to go to baby showers. Both of you made the baby, so both of you are there. Usually the guys will get together and go somewhere else, like another room or outside, until food and presents though.

Johnny

I don't see why you can't go. I mean, I guess it's supposed to be for the women but I don't think it has to be that way. I'm always for changing the rules :p