Wish My Wife Was Home Today

Victor

Today is starting off pretty rough. My oldest got up early and has been super grumpy ever since. My youngest is grumpy too. They both keep crying and wanting to cuddle in my lap without the other one there too.

I got them both to sleep for 20 minutes. I tried to move the oldest off me and put her down in bed, which of course woke her up. Then the youngest woke up too. Now they are both grumpy and crying again.

Maybe I'll take them out for a long drive later so they both fall asleep.

BigPapa

I hate days like that with my daughter but it is usually nothing that a nap can't cure. I would second that long drive. Do you have any errands that can be handled in the car like banking?

polamalu43

Oh poor daddy! Where is your wife? Are you a stay at home dad? Kids get that way at times. How old are they? I hope that taking them for a ride helped! Kids sometimes just want time alone with their daddy!

Victor

I never did get to take a drive until after my wife got home, unfortunately. Yes, I'm a stay at home dad. The kids did calm down a little as the day went on, but for awhile I was really overwhelmed.

Timothy

I've had days like that with my son, too, although my wife catches the worst of it as she stays at home with him while I'm at work. I don't know what we'd do if we had two kids acting like that at the same time!

Endalia

Sometimes when a little one gets too sleepy they will get that way. I have one who was so mean when she was sleepy, we would have to lay down with her to get her to sleep. That would cut into the time the others needed. We would take turns trying to get her down so that the other one could take care of the other kids. It's tough when only one of you is home.

Michael

My girl is extremely active and energetic. She determines the course of our day. Her mom is in her last semester of school and is always wanting my daughter and me out of the house so she can study. I'll be glad when she finishes and we can come home.

Andersson

I remember one year everyone in the house was sick except for me and the flu completely avoided me that year which I was thankful for. I spent almost two weeks taking care of everyone in the house including the kids who managed to grab ear infections on top of the flu. I never missed my wife more than that time so I feel your paint.