Xbox One

Timothy

Has anyone here bought an Xbox One (or a PS4)? I've had my eye on the Xbox One for quite a while now but $500 is just out of the question right now.

BigPapa

I think it is silly to buy one right now, because there is very little content out for it. Most of the big titles like Halo, GTA or COD won't be available for the new consoles until 2014. So until then you will be stuck with a very expensive paperweight. I don't have a problem waiting a year or so to let the bugs get worked out, the content to be good, and the price tag to go down.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I just finally bought a ps3 this year, or maybe it was late last year not sure. Maybe in a few years I'll buy something newer. But it seems like I still do not get to play very often. Seems like the older I get the less games I want to play, the more music and books I listen to. Strange as I used to love games like Tony Hawk, GTA, Civilization, Warcraft (Not world of Warcraft) and a few others.

Timeless

My son bought a PS4 and he loves it. He decided the Xbox One wasn't ready yet so there was no point in buying it. He's played it a bit with friends online but with his college classes and assignments he hasn't had a lot of time to play. I haven't used it yet but his mother has played and she says the graphics are nice.

Last edited:

Andersson

Most of the stores in our areas put signs on the windows when they started to sell out, people just seemed to call or rush in to try and get some of them after they went on the shelves. I could never work in retail for this reason alone, it has to be madness!!

Timothy

Big Papa, you're right -- there isn't a lot of content out for the One, yet. So far, I think there are only about five or six games for it, all of which are also available for the 360. Also, I keep hearing about problems with the games, different bugs and glitches, etc.

Sinbian

I have officially given up on playing games because they take too much of my time. I need to focus more on work this year. So the answer is no I haven't bought an Xbox One. :)

Timothy

Sinbian, if you don't play video games anymore, how do you relax and unwind? What do you do for fun instead? Personally, I'll never quit playing video games. We don't live to work, ya know. ;)