Yosemite fire

Andersson

It seems they are having a fire right now that has taken out a good bit of land. I read about it online before I heard anything on the news. I guess our news team for this small town is getting pretty slow.

polamalu43

Well this is the first I've heard about it. I am going to have to go check out CNN when I get off the computer. Man, I swear there seems to be more and more forest fires lately. It is really dry here right now. Sounds like we might all need some rain.

Andersson

The fires have increased and from what I have seen, randomly people who can not swim seem to think they do not need a life jacket. These are the two things I remember the most from the past year, very sad to think about too.

olderthandirt

There have always been forest fires, mainly due to lightning. In some ways, it's actually beneficial. It's a real shame how many get started these days with help from idiot human beings, though. I hope all the firefighters stay safe for this battle.

BigPapa

I just read today that they are pretty sure that the bigger fire was started when a hunter made an illegal fire in the park. If this is the case, I sure hope that they can hold him accountable for all the destruction he caused.