YouTube Madness

Sinbian

Sometimes when you want to watch a certain video on YT, other videos draw your attention and 2 hours later you realize that there is also life outside YT. Familiar?

BigPapa

I am not really a big Youtube surfer but I have friends that could waste a whole day on there easily. I don't have that kind of time.

Bear

Yeah, I have had that happen to me more than once! There is just so much interesting stuff to learn and watch on there! I really have actually learned a lot of helpful stuff on there though.

Sinbian

I really hate when this happens because although these videos are interesting somehow I always end on some stupid clip of a guy lighting his farts or something equally stupid. :D

polamalu43

Ha! Nope, I try to stay away from YouTube. My kids draw me to it from time to time. I do know that it is addicting though so I try to stay away.

Sinbian

I recently watched a clip of people having bike crashes which is why I started this conversation. They should post a warning signs on such videos so you know that it's a waste of time.

Ifamily

Sometimes when you want to watch a certain video on YT, other videos draw your attention and 2 hours later you realize that there is also life outside YT. Familiar?
Yeah, I can relate with this. I am not a big fan of YouTube but I am guilty for wasting hours watching videos I didn't intend to watch before.

Andersson

I might catch a few clips here and there but I never really watch anything at the computer other than the weather patterns. Youtube has a ton of things on it which are not in my ballpark of entertainment, too much trouble to sort through the mess.

Sinbian

On other other hand, there are really good videos with quality material and interesting people. It is hard to weigh in all the pros and cons, but if you're not careful... :)

Betterman

I haven't spent too much time on YouTube myself. I go there to watch videos every so often. I've never found myself lost on the site, though.

Enrique

I'm not much of a YouTube fan, but the kids are, even the youngest. My daughters usually watch videos of their favorite singers like Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus or Adam Young, while my son can spend hours watching anything Lightning Macqueen.

JRDeep

Life outside of youtube? Lies! You speak....LIES!!!!!!

If I'm searching for old WWF/WCW matches, I can end up wasting a good hour and a half of my time by checking out the related video that show up down the side of the screen as well. Can't get enough Ultimate Warrior. lol

FlipKup

Relatable. Certain videos just draw you in, and you wanna keep clicking and watching more related videos. It never ends. There are literally thousands of videos uploaded per second, and sometimes I wish I could just find the gems, get some popcorn, and enjoy myself.

And then I remember my life.

makingloot

My oldest has been begging to go, but we haven't taken her yet. I am afraid she and her one year old brother will get us kicked out. Seriously, happened to my cousin awhile back! I haven't spent too much time on YouTube myself. I go there to watch videos every so often. I've never found myself lost on the site, though.

Dan

I've never really gotten into Youtube, not enough time I guess. I do like to listen to music when I'm online so if I find a good song there it makes it easier to just stay with the same group for all of it.

dreyz

I have a vendetta against Youtube. It's stealing hours of free time from me! But no doubt, it is entertaining to watch random videos there. You'll just get hooked somehow.

Kyp

I am not normally often on YouTube unless one of my kids is showing me some funny video they found. However, my kids are a different story. They can sit on YouTube for hours on end just watching video after video after video. I don't get it! Wouldn't it get boring and tiresome after a while?

Jatelo2

I don't know whether I'm lazy but I simply can't resist downloading Music Videos from YouTube. I also Agree that there are other Sites with better videos than YouTube!

themdno

I can spend quite a bit of time on youtube, but it doesn't suck me in too bad. I'll tell you what sucked me in, was the game Minecraft. I ended wasting a few days on that. I still enjoy playing it, but I don't want to get that sucked in again.

FrankSinatra

This usually happens when I am watching the ass shaking videos on YouTube...poor girls with daddy issues attention whoring on the internet is a big win for me.