A Shout Out To My Friend

writer811

My friend is a father of two boys, one is five and the other is two. He is a member of the United States Army and is being deployed soon. I have great respect for him and all military parents out there. Even though I don't believe in god, my friend does and for his sake I'm asking that you spare him a brief mention in your prayers, if you're the praying type. I'm sorry you won't be able to mention him by name as I will not post revealing information. I'm currently holding a drink as I type this. Here's to our military heroes. Cheers.

erin

Please thank him for all of us. I know quite a few mothers holding down the fort while husbands and/or children are away overseas. It takes it's toll but no one is more proud.

Miller

It's always hard to hear about a father or mother who have to leave their children to serve in the military. Those years can never be reclaimed. What a price they pay for the rest of us.

ghanashyam

May your friend use his weapons justifiably. If he is going to Afghanistan, may he use his own sense to defend the woman and children from talibans. Though I have many reservations about sending the armies to other nations for the selfish purpose of acquiring the control of oil and minerals.

writer811

He has already deployed but I will write to him and let him know that there are people out there thinking of him and I will let his wife and children know that people are grateful.

Jatelo2

My friend is a father of two boys, one is five and the other is two. He is a member of the United States Army and is being deployed soon. I have great respect for him and all military parents out there. Even though I don't believe in god, my friend does and for his sake I'm asking that you spare him a brief mention in your prayers, if you're the praying type. I'm sorry you won't be able to mention him by name as I will not post revealing information. I'm currently holding a drink as I type this. Here's to our military heroes. Cheers.
This is very kind of you. I will indeed pray for these heroes as you have requested. I would also love to invite to start believing in God and accept the free gift of salvation. Once more this was very kind and patriotic!

mollew3

I will pray for all of those heroes who decide to serve our country and especially your friend. In my prayers I will ask for God to keep him safe so he can return to his family.

Victor Leigh

Please let your friend know that I am praying that God will guide him on the right path. True, they say that it's the duty of the soldier to do and die and not to question why but I still pray that he will have enough strength to do what is right and not just what he is told to do.

roncar

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I will keep him and all the rest of the military who serve our country in my prayers. May he have a safe trip home.