Abandoned puppy

stayathomepaul

I don't know what is wrong with people. Someone dumped a puppy in our field, we took it to the Humane society who said the puppy wouldn't make it through the night, and it didn't. Why would you dump a poor sick dying puppy instead of sticking through it. I mean if you have a dog who has a litter that is your responsibility. I think if a person would dump a dying puppy like that then they shouldn't be allowed to own a dog, never the less have one that isn't fixed!

danno

It always saddens me to hear about stuff like this. People shouldn't have pets if they aren't prepared to look after them and I quite agree that they should be banned from keeping animals, but they probably won't be found!

Jack

It's kind of the same way with some people who don't want healthcare reform, you know? There are dying people with hardships without healthcare, but it's much cheaper and easier for society to turn its back on them.

Tony_H

It's kind of the same way with some people who don't want healthcare reform, you know? There are dying people with hardships without healthcare, but it's much cheaper and easier for society to turn its back on them.
Well i dont think these two topics are similar at all. It's not society's responsibility to take care of people in need. People should be responsible for themselves, from and economic and social standpoint.

If you own a dog who has a litter there is no excuse in just letting the puppies pass away. There are millions of people in this country who would gladly take the dog in and make sure the puppy gets a good home.

People are just too damn lazy to take responsibility for anything anymore...

stayathomepaul

Well the point was that no amount of vet care would have made the puppy live. If there was a chance I would have done it. Not only did I go to the humane society but I went to a local vet. The vet looked at him and gave me the prognosis and did not charge me. The point is that the dog was going to die no matter what and someone was so heartless to dump it in a field like that. I don't really want this thread to become a debate about health care reform.

Ed35

It's very sad indeed. Why would you drop off a sickly puppy in a field? Can you imagine a kid finding the pup? Sick people out there if you ask me. If you are going to have a pet - get it fixed, it's as easy as that. Then you won't be dealing with sick pets!

stayathomepaul

That is the point, a kid DID find the puppy. MY kid! He knew enough to come and get me, but the whole thing was hard on him. He had so many questions that were heartbreaking to answer.