Activities On The Beach Besides Swimming

Verny

What activities do you do with your family, except swimming, when you are on the beach? My family love to make sand castles or we bury each other in the sand.

john1007

Besides swimming, we like to go fishing at the beach though we almost never catch anything. We also like to build sand beach resorts that incorporates the water that comes from the ocean. The kids get a big kick out of it since they can decide where the restaurants and pools are located.

Howard

Usually when we make it to the beach, we just kind of free form it and hang out. We always have a Frisbee with us though. We all get a kick out of swimming with the dog too.

Ed35

Frisbee and football throwing is always something we do. We also ride bikes on the beach. We love to build sand castles and bury each other too (it's usually me who gets buried).

Terry

My girls love hunting for shells, though this can get a bit too competitive if the pickings are lean! I always loved the first time they got to hold one to their ear and hear the special noises inside.

Mohidad

To make sand castles is also one of our favorite activities on the beach. The other favorite is destroying the castles when we are about to leave the beach. :)

orangesweater

Sand castles are always fun for my kids. If we go to a certain beach, we go sand crab hunting and race to see who can catch the most sand crabs. My older son and his friends also like to hunt for seashells and unusually shaped rocks or coral. A day at the beach is loads of fun.