Alabama hostage situation

Salazar

Have you heard about the guy in Alabama that is holding a five year old hostage in an underground bunker? I think it's going into day five with no resolution in sight. I can't even imagine being the parents of that kid.

Justadad

Oh no, what on earth is that all about? Is it someone who knows the child or did he just snatch him or her? We get plenty of World news here but I haven't seen that one. I hope there's a good outcome.

polamalu43

It ended tonight! The child is out, alive and okay. The guy who took him hostage is dead. I did not see anything more about it. Thank God the little boy is alive!

Justadad

I've just seen it on the news. They said that he was a Vietnam veteran, so odds on that he was a little deranged in some way, as a lot of them are after what they went through, but thank goodness the little boy is OK. Seems he killed the school bus driver too.

Timothy

I've been wondering about this story. The last I'd heard, the little boy was still stuck in the bunker with the kidnapper. I'm glad he's okay now; I can't imagine what his parents must have been going through!

Jack

I heard that his sixth birthday is right around the corner. The experts say that putting lots of focus on celebrating his birthday and making it a special and happy time is one of the best ways to help him deal with his recent traumatic experience.