Almost done with the semester

Bear

I am almost done with my first semester of culinary school! This week is the last week and I am not sorry to see it go. I have done really well on the whole, and now I just have one paper and a couple of finals left.

Kyp

Congratulations Bear! That's fantastic news. Finals week is always the worst! My daughter is just about ready to start her sophomore year in college. It's crazy how fast time can really go.

Don

That's great news! My wife has talked about going to culinary school, but I don't know how serious she is. She took a cake decorating class a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so she may eventually try it.

Bear

Thanks guys! Today was my last day of class and I came out of all four with A's! Now for a two week break to spend some time with my family and then back to school!

joeldgreat

Going to a culinary school is one of the thing that I need to do in my bucket list. I just hope that I will be able to pursue this one before I retire. Congratulation to you and I hope that it gives you more knowledge in cooking.

FrankSinatra

The best time of the year was the day of my last final. I would be so tired and sleep deprived that I would take a nice 2-3 hour nap and then get up, get showered and shaved, and then go out and get absolutely insanely piss drunk.

polamalu43

Way to go! Get that paper done so you can finish! How many more semesters do you have before you get the degree or certificate? My daughter wants to go to a culinary college.

Miller

I wish my wife had been to culinary cl***es. She does well to open cans and packaged frozen dinners. I hope she doesn't decide to read this. I drool when I think of people having Julia Childs for a wife.

Bear

Way to go! Get that paper done so you can finish! How many more semesters do you have before you get the degree or certificate? My daughter wants to go to a culinary college.
I am pretty sure that I only have two more semesters after this one to get my Associate's in culinary arts, but the head chef is talking about adding some executive chef certifications to the program. If that goes through I will stay until I have the certification. The more letters behind your name the better you know!

Don

I am pretty sure that I only have two more semesters after this one to get my Associate's in culinary arts, but the head chef is talking about adding some executive chef certifications to the program. If that goes through I will stay until I have the certification. The more letters behind your name the better you know!
How long does it take to get through the program from start to finish? Did you already have experience when you first started the classes?

Bear

If you go full time you can finish in 2 full years (six semesters), and no I did not have any formal culinary experience before I started the program. I did have a few of the core classes taken care of like English, and Micro computers. This semester I am having to take a management class and let me just say YUCK! The text was written specifically for the school, and I think my three year old could have done a better job. I am loving my cooking classes though! :)