Amateur photography

Dad Brad

My wife and girls gave me a new digital camera for Christmas. I'm going to be needing tips and ideas to use it. Did anyone else get cameras for a gift? I'm going to be a slow learner, I know.

Ed35

We have had a digital camera for quite a while. They are a lot of fun. I love them because you can delete pictures that are not good right when you take them. Just get snapping pics and see what you need help with.

Greendad

That is great to get a camera as a gift. Is that a pocket-sized digital camera or a DSLR camera geared toward professional photographers? I just have a pocket camera and it's enough for me.

Jacob

I bought one for myself and I'll try this year to make more photographs than last few years with my old camera. This is such a nice and inspiring hobby to have. I wish you great time with it.

JDan

I use one of the Digital Rebels that came out about six years ago. I forget what number it is. I've been more than satisfied with purchase. It's in the car right now, so this reminds me to get the thing out of there before it freezes. Otherwise, I'll be having to buy a new one.

Howard

As trite as it might sound, one of the best things you can do is to just sit with the camera and the user's manual and learn about the camera. It might be a little boring at first but it makes all the difference.

chelly

What type of camera is it? I am still trying to sort through the one I got mid-summer but slow and sure works. Trust me, I have been there and I still learn something new each time I turn the thing on.

Michael

I've got two small pocket digital cameras. One takes far better pictures than the other. I like that they slip into my pocket and I can have them handy, even when we're fishing. My sister always wants me to bring her pictures, so I just leave one of the cameras with her for her to download. Then she can get what she wants.