Are you a handyman?

DadOf4

Do you like to do the work around the house or do you hire out for work? I try to do as much as possible but for anything big, I bring in the professionals.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I try to do my best. A lot of times I have to call my father as he is much better then I am. I think I am learning though. Some things I will not do, like electric. But with my fathers help, we re-did the kitchen, re-did the ceiling in the master bedroom when the roof leaked, and the flooring in the house. We also replaced the windows.

Andy

I can hold my own when when it comes to repairs. My ex and I bought a fixer upper house that I still have. I am have done 75% of it on my own. It has taken me sometime of course. I try not to pay other people.

Papa Bear

I am not a real handyman, but I can handle emergencies. I understand the basics of how things work so I can check on what the workman is doing.

newb2diaps

The way I see it I have a long way to go in just about any area, as a parent and as a handy person. I am not the best but I doubt I am the worst either so for that, I am thankful.

Glenn

I am a part time carpenter so I do all the work around the house myself. I love working with my hands, building things, fixing things, etc. I am very grateful to my grandfather for making sure that I learned everything I needed to know about repairing things and even mechanics.

MatthewR

I am a big time handyman! My wife doesn't always think so but I do! It's cheaper most times for me to do the work instead of hiring it done. That is, until I do it wrong!

CubFanJack

No, I am not even close to being a handyman. I can do basic home maintenance, but that's about it. I can read and follow instructions, so if I had to do something, I could probably muddle my way through it. Otherwise, I have some very handy friends that help when I call.

PappaQ

I've learned how to do things on my own just as a way to save money. I also find it very rewarding to be able to finish the job and know that I did it.