Are You a Victim of Parental Alienation?

1DaddyRun

I know a number of fathers who are victims of parental alienation.

Their ex-wives and ex-girlfriends do everything in their power to alienate their kids away from their dads.

Meaning, they constantly speak negatively against the fathers but its all lies. They do not honor the visitation agreements, they file false charges against the fathers, and they illegally move out of state and employ other underhanded tactics.

Are any of you men victims of parental alienation?

writer811

I'm not personally but my own father was. My mother and stepfather were always giving my dad a hard time and trying to convince me to stay home. They kept talking about taking him to court for more money when he already payed a huge amount in child support and finally I put my foot down and told my mother to stop acting like a child and leave my father alone. I got some good beatings from stepdad for that but it worked. They backed off him.

micromachne

I was. But in my case, that was my father's own doing. First off, he had a BAD temper. To the point he scared everyone. Secondly, there is the issue of him cheating.

So yeah, he pretty much brought it upon himself.

Michael

I didn't realize there was a term for this situation. It's so sad when families can't be families because of one or two ill-disposed people who come into the equation.

Babar

My mother did this to my father, and it cost me my whole childhood with him. She claimed having "good reason", and perhaps she did, but I find it ironic that she's now married to someone else and getting mad at her husband's ex-wife for doing the same exact thing she did when it comes to her kids.

JRDeep

One of my close friends is a victim of this. I feel for him. His baby mama doesn't care wbout what her recklass slander is doing to his reputation. They had a rough break up, and she's been hell bent on saying whatever just to make his life miserable.

writer811

One of my close friends is a victim of this. I feel for him. His baby mama doesn't care wbout what her recklass slander is doing to his reputation. They had a rough break up, and she's been hell bent on saying whatever just to make his life miserable.
People are scummy. I'm still friends with my ex and we talk all the time. Is it really so hard to just get along with your ex? A failed relationship doesn't mean you have to be mortal enemies. I feel for your friend.

micromachne

My mother did this to my father, and it cost me my whole childhood with him. She claimed having "good reason", and perhaps she did, but I find it ironic that she's now married to someone else and getting mad at her husband's ex-wife for doing the same exact thing she did when it comes to her kids.

Well, you know how people are. It's all good until it's THEM in the situation.

JRDeep

People are scummy. I'm still friends with my ex and we talk all the time. Is it really so hard to just get along with your ex? A failed relationship doesn't mean you have to be mortal enemies. I feel for your friend.
It's hard to get along when your ex refuses to just let it go. It's sad really. Aside from the bitterness, she's a real nice person(or at least she used to be).

BigDaddy

Wife here:: My first childs father would not honor his visitation unless I paid for all the travel arrangements and brought my child to him. Then sometimes he wouldnt even show up to the trade off and there were times I had traveled to pick up and he would be a no show and make me miss our return travel on purpose then drip my child and leave, basically say not my problem. He would rant and rave in court that I wasnt holding up my end of the deal when I finally got fed up with it all so I think it goes both ways. We can actually speak but I really dislike him as a person.

Hank

My wife and I are separated right now and I have a feeling this is starting for me. I was the one who wanted to take a break because of some things she has been doing so she is starting to try this with my kids. They are angry at me anyway but she doesn't help. I don't look forward to this.