Bed Rest After Surgery

Richard

I have a minor surgery coming up and will be on bed rest for part of the week when my kids are in my custody - any ideas on how to stay involved while confined to bed? I'm sure they'll be in and checking on me when they're not in school; I just don't want to be so boring that they opt to disappear into their respective rooms.

Papa Bear

Get some board games on hand that you can play with them. Or get some DVD movies that you can watch and review together. Have fun with them!

Sampson

A movie night is a great suggestion. Let them pop some popcorn, have some sode and other snacks on hand, and enjoy. Maybe break out a couple sleeping bags and let them camp out in your room for the night.

Richard

Oh, I really like the camping idea! Thank you Sampson. :) It's getting closer to my surgery date now and I'll probably be around since I won't be able to do much else, lol. I will let you know how it goes.

WillyWonka

Let them know you are counting on them to help Dad out while he's down. Usually kids LOVE the idea of taking over for a parent. You will need to spell out some guidelines though or they'll be selling the house.:p

Richard

Let them know you are counting on them to help Dad out while he's down. Usually kids LOVE the idea of taking over for a parent. You will need to spell out some guidelines though or they'll be selling the house.:p
I could definitely see my daughters pulling that off! They're older and, I think, less likely to go for this idea. My son, who's a bit younger, will probably be willing to wait on me, though, he enjoys feeling useful.